Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Keeping up with the Icelanders

EU News from Iceland tells us that the number of Icelanders who oppose EU membership is growing steadily. The government or, at least, that part of it that is in favour of that membership is not happy.

The author, Hjörtur J. Guðmundsson, has told me that there has been a certain scarcity of poll results about opinion on EU membership through the spring and summer despite the plethora of events. You may think all sorts of things but I couldn't possibly comment.

Oh yes, before I forget: the boss is not happy with me because I do not link often enough to Your Freedom and Ours, which I ought to be doing through that twitter thingie at the top. I hate twitter thingies, I am afraid. The only time I saw any use to them was in Iran where demonstrators and other oppositionists could send information out fast and without any hassle. The Shepherds Bush insurrection is gathering momentum.

COMMENT THREAD